Frequently Asked Questions
- Q?How can I stop squirrels from eating my newly planted bulbs?
Other than just nuts, it is known that squirrels eat seeds, roots, berries, buds and bulbs. Sprinkling hot pepper in the hole you plant the bulbs in is a great deterrent.
- Q?What hedge would you recommend for decent privacy but doesn’t grow too high?
It depends on the style of hedge you are after. A ‘Taxus Baccata’ is easily clipped, ‘Fagus Sylvatica’ have beautiful copper colour leaves in the winter months and ‘Ilex’ Holly is dense and secure. You pick!
- Q?What is a good house plant?
It is a good idea to implement a plant into your home as it provides plenty of oxygen and some can ever remove the pollutants in the air. The best examples are the spider plant, spotted evergreen plant and snake plant. These should be purchasable from local garden centres.
- Q?What are the best ways to encourage more wildlife into our garden?
All wildlife look for the same thing in new habitats and these are: food, water and shelter. Purchasing birdbaths, birdfeeders and shrubs should do the trick. Birdbaths for the water, feeders for the food and shrubs other shelter from predators.
- Q?How do I protect my garden from earwig infestations?
Firstly, if it is the health of your plants you are worried about, then earwigs shouldn’t be a concern. In fact, they act as predators against plant-threatening bugs, keeping them safe from harm. Keep them in check, however, with insecticidal soaps.
- Q?When is the best time to relay my lawn?
Autumn. Autumn is best to lay your lawn as the temperatures are just right and the rainfall makes for an ideal turf. Please contact us around September – December for optimum results and a luscious lawn, come Spring.
- Q?Do you operate outside the county of Essex?
Yes! Although it is our main location, we are not limited to the perimeters of Essex. Feel free to contact us for further information on how we can reach out to you.
- Q?Do you do on-site visits for commercial businesses?
Yes! We believe best results are achieved by firsthand viewing a project. This way, we can advice on the best action to take, design and work out an estimate for the work.
- Q?Do I need to supply any tools?
There is no need. We are fully equipped with all the appropriate tools to getting the job done.
- Q?Are you fully insured and qualified?
Yes, we are fully qualified and insured.
- Q?Can you give references from previous projects?
We have a vast portfolio of current and pre-existing customers. We will be happy to provide you with this information.